Saturday, December 15, 2007

Thoughts on the Huckster

Mike Huckabee is obviously not my first choice in the Republican primary. I will vote for him if he gets the nomination though. I have several policy differences with him and Fred Thompson fits with my policy's a whole lot better. The Huckster is likable, has the moral standards I think we need, and has some great one liners. On the fiscal side though, his track record sucks. Sure, he cut 92 or so taxes, but he also raised taxes substantially at the same time. When you do a comparison, you get a net gain on taxes. It seems to me that the easy answer to problems for the Huckster is to go immediately to raising taxes. I'm thinking we could get the same thing by just voting Democrat.

I'm not experienced enough in foreign policy to judge how the Huckster would stack up, but Uncle Jimbo over at BlackFive is and he has this posted today - Huckabee & Dr. Phil on Foreign Policy

Fred08

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's only one corner of the universe you can be sure of improving, and that's your own self.
[url=http://ugg-outlet-online.weebly.com/]ugg outlet[/url] ugg-outlet-online.weebly.com
[url=http://burberry-outlet-discount.blogspot.com/]burberry outlet[/url] burberry-outlet-discount.blogspot.com
[url=http://classic-uggboots-sale.blogspot.com/]ugg boots sale[/url] classic-uggboots-sale.blogspot.com
Real knowledge, like everything else of value, is not to be obtained easily,
spyder ski jackets ski-jackets-spyder.weebly.com
burberry bags burberry-bags-2012.blogspot.com