Friday, December 21, 2007

Iraq update December 21, 2997

Bill Roggio over at The Long War Journal has a post up covering the latest "Measuring Security and Stability in Iraq" quarterly report which was publicly released on December 18, 2007. It's a typical meat and potato's report like Bill normally does. Mostly meat with a dab of potato's. If you have the time, check it out - Iraqi Security Forces continue to surge.
  • The rapid growth of the Iraqi Security Forces continues as the Army looks to expand to 16 divisions. Of the 175 Army battalions, 98 are listed as in the lead for combat operations.
According to the report, 9 of 18 provinces are turned over to Iraqi control. At last count I thought it was 8 so I missed reporting one. All other provinces, according to the report, are due to be turned over in 2008. That's the first time I've heard that part. That's a huge deal, at least to my mind.

I've got the day off so I need to head and do some early Christmas shopping, so I'll poke around the milblogs later and see if there's more interesting Iraq news to pass along.

Fred08

No comments: