We offer Iraq Hillary in exchange for Maliki. They might be reluctant as he's a starter and she sits on the pine, but I think we could talk it up.
What Hillary would bring to their team:
- Hillary's socialized medicine might actually work there. They have nothing now, so it's possibly the only place on the planet you could, at least theoritcally, have the slightest chance that it would improve something "for the people". In actuality, it wouldn't, but we don't need to point that out.
- Stealing money from the wealthy to give to the poor might also play there.
- She seems to think that she understands what the Iraqi people need in a leader.
What Maliki would bring to our team:
- Yeah, it's a junk for junk trade, but even with that, we saw just a few months ago that he has the ability to accomplish something. If I remember right, 8 of the benchmarks Congress laid out for his administration were met.
- Some of the negative baggage he would bring would dissolve. Sectarianism wouldn't immediately hinder him from political progress. Our Congress would, but not sectarianism.
- If he worked half as hard as he does now, he would arguably be one of our top Congressmen.
Iraq probably won't go for it, but if the do, I say we pull the trigger on the trade.
If it goes through, we better get Maliki hooked up with a therapist real quick. Imagine what he's going to be going through the first day as he looks over his daily planner.
- Rename a post office....
- Bash the U.S. military....
- Rename another post office...
- Bash George W. Bush....
- $400 haircut
- Rename a post office...