Monday, January 21, 2008

The chicken or the egg...

A train of thought started by a clip I heard on the radio on the way home of Mark Levin's radio program. It was Mike Huckabee in a MLK day speech today. I can't really paraphrase it as I only caught a small part, so I'll have to go on the idea it spawned. Hopefully, it stays along the lines that Huckabee intended.

In what I took to be a shot across the bow to Hillary, Huckabee was pointing out that Martin Luther King Jr. led the civil rights movement. Without his leadership, Lyndon Johnson would have had no motivation to pass any legislation on it. Huckabee made a great point, and one I'm sure that played well with his audience, that without the activist, the President wouldn't have been pushed to enact the legislation.

I thought that was a great way to counter Hillary's claim that it took a President to get a civil rights law passed.

I'm not a Huckabee fan, but he gets two thumbs up from me on this one.

No comments: