Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Be afraid, be very aftraid...

I hope I'm wrong, but my gut tells me that Obama will be our next President. There seem to be lots of voters that are buying in to his hope and change message, and the fact that he doesn't present much for specifics doesn't appear to be a problem for them. Here's why I sure hope I'm wrong on that.

First, his perception of the situation in Iraq. The money quote and response by McCain is:
  • Obama said during the debate with Clinton that once he withdrew U.S. troops from Iraq, if al Qaeda were to form a base there, "then we will have to act in a way that secures the American homeland and our interests abroad."

    "I have some news," McCain said. "Al Qaeda is in Iraq. It's called Al Qaeda in Iraq. My friends, if we left, they wouldn't be establishing a base, they'd be taking a country and I'm not going to allow that to happen."

Next, Deebow over at Black Five has A surrender monkey says what??? which points out a myriad of other very dangerous stances Obama takes, including banning all fissile material which would pretty much shut down every nuclear power plant on earth, and his want to slow the development of future combat systems. Even the anti-war crowd have to understand how bad an idea that last one is. Future combat systems are what will keep our troops from the ultimate sacrifice in any upcoming conflict. Slowing the development is consigning more troops to death then would happen with state of the art weapons.

Like I said, be afraid, be very afraid...

No comments: