Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Moron Obama's energy plans

Crap, is it moron or more on.... whatever, it's one of them...

In the spring, Obama came out against the call for a "gas tax holiday" over the summer for us consumers as it would only amount to about a half a tank of gas over the summer.

Now? Obama says we need to release 70 million barrels of oil out of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to help out us consumers. After you do the math using Obama's stats for average usage, it amounts to one third of a tank of gas. ...and he has the balls to call me ignorant...

I think it needs to be pointed out that the Strategic Petroleum Reserve is there for a reason. I'm ignorant, so bear with me here, I'll stumble through this as best I can. The need for us to have an emergency supply of oil on hand is just in case somewhere..... oh... say... the middle east erupts in war. If.... say....oh I don't know... Iran were to develop weapons of mass destruction like.... I don't know... how about nuclear weapons, and have also stated that it was a goal of theirs to wipe another nation in the region off the map.... like, oh I don't know..... Israel... we'd want to have some supply on hand to get us through for a month or two while the war worked itself out, or we could re-establish the lines of oil exportation.

Yeah, but I'm ignorant, so what do I know.

Cross posted at The Minority Report

No comments: