Monday, March 17, 2008

Another Milblog you need to follow

This one is Kaboom: A Soldier's War Journal

He's got a great writing style and we need more Milblogs from Iraq. He also season's up his site with some great tunes. Check out his latest called Deep Thoughts with Biggie Smalls
  • As someone whose foreign language efforts usually resemble beluga whale mating calls, I have zero right to criticize non-English primary speakers attempts at my native language. I rationalize this by saying that my love for the English language is just too pure and too right to be tainted by something else, but really, who knows. I guess that synapse hadn’t connected yet before I escaped the womb in a Caesarian jailbreak. I even dated a French chick for a few months and never made any serious progression to learn her language. If a woman can’t make you do something despite all her harassments to the contrary, it probably isn’t meant to happen.
If you have the time, go back through some of his latest and get up to date. If not, check back with him when you can. He seems to have a little Teflon Don in him.

He has that white on dark thing going that's hard to read, so you may have to take it in small doses or you'll get a headache.